- Homogenization of partial differential operators
- Mathematical modelling of composite materials
1984 - 1989 M.Sc., Electrical engineering, Norwegian Institute of Technology
1989 - 1991 Graduate courses in Mathematics, University of Trondheim
1993 - 1996 Dr. Scient., Mathematics, Tromsø University
1986-1988 Norwegian Institute of Technology, Department of Mathematics
Lecturer Assistant (part time position
1989-1990 Trondheim College, Lecturer in Mathematics (50 % position)
1991-1992 Narvik Gymnasium (Frydenlund videregående skole), Lecturer in Mathematics and Physics
1992-1993 Narvik College, HiN, Lecturer in Matematics
1993-1996 Narvik Institute of Technology, HiN/ University of Tromsø, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Doctoral Student (stipendiat)
1997-1998 Luleå University, Department of Mathematics, Doctoral Supervisor (20% position).
1997 Narvik University College, HiN, Associate Professor (førsteamanuensis) in Mathematics
1997-2000 Norut Technology, Senior Research Scientist (20% position).
1997-1999 NATECH A/S (01.07.97- 31.12.98), Post Doctoral Fellow in Mathematics
(homogenization theory and mathematical modelling of composite materials). The project was financed by the Reseach Council of Norway
1999-2000 Narvik University College, HiN, Associate Professor in Mathematics, R&D Director at HiN in the period January 1999-June 2000
2000- Narvik University College, HiN, Full Professor of Mathematics from May 1, 2000
2008 - Norut Narvik, Senior Research Scientist (20% position)
Homepage Dag Lukkassen: http://ansatte.hin.no/dl/
Supervising of doctoral students
Peter wall (Department of Mathematics, Luleå University) finished his Ph.D. exam in mathematics (homogenization theory) December 15, 1998 under the supervision of Professor Lars Erik Persson and Dag Lukkassen. Stein Berggren, HiN, finished his Licentiate exam in mathematics (homogenization theory) April 26, 2001 with Dag Lukkassen as supervisor and Lars Erik Persson as co-supervisor. Leon Simula finished his Ph.D. exam in mathematics (homogenization theory) January 5, 2003 under the same supervision Erik Allapä, HiN, finished his Licentiate exam in Applied Mathematics November 19, 2004 under the supervision of Jöran Bergh, Dag Lukkassen and Lars-Erik Persson. At the moment Lukkassen supervises Gui Beeri at HiN (he started May, 2005) in the field of Homogenization theory together with Annette Meidell and Lars-Erik Persson. Lukkassen is also involved in supervising doctoral students at Dept. of Mathematics, Luleå University.
Examples of experience in administration and organisation of R&D-activities
- Member of the editorial board of Journal of Function Spaces and applications (JFSA), ISSN 0972-6802
- Member of the editorial board of Networks and Heterogeneous Media (NHM), ISSN 1556-1801
- Member of the editorial board of International Journal of Pure & Applied Mathematical Sciences (IJPAMS), ISSN 0972-9828
- Member of the editorial board of International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (IJAMM), ISSN 0973-0184
- Member of the national advisory committee within the field Materials Science, commissioned by The Norwegian Research Council in 2005 (more information in norwegian).
- Co-chairman of the international conference ''Multiscale Problems and Asymptotic Analysis'',. June 22 - 26, 2004. Narvik University College, Norway.
- Organizer (jointly with Annette Meidell) of Workhop on Mathematical modelling of composites
with application to Norwegian and Swedish industry (Hurtigruta, 2004)
- Organizer (jointly with Annette Meidell) of Workshop on Mathematical Methods and Models in Applied Sciences (Hurtigruta, 2003)
- Chairman of the Doctoral Education-board at Narvik University College, HiN, 2001-
- Member of the organizing committee of WORKSHOP for nordic Ph.D. students and their supervisors within the analysis area (Lund University 2000)
- Member of the organizing committee of NORFA workshop on Homogenization (Chalmers University 2000).
- Chairman of the R&D-board at Narvik University College, HiN, 1999-2000
- Organizer of the annual R&D-days (Forskningsdagene) at HiN, 1999
- Member of Programme committee of Norfa Network on structural optimization (1997-1999).
- Member of the R&D-board at Narvik University College, HiN, 1995-1996
- Session developer at the 2? International Conference on Composites Engineering in New Orleans, 1995 (session: mathematical modelling of composites).
- Regional representative for Norway at the 1? International Conference on Composites Engineering in New Orleans, 1994